3.18.2009

Lense From A Friend, CC, Brazen Bagels, Smoked Meats, Green All 'Round, 18 Year Old Gills, Drums, Billys, Coras, and Reminiscing With a Good Friend

So, I decided about a day or two ago, that I would not spend my March Break at home. I had planned originally to go to Colorado to do a job, but that fell through. My plans quickly dunked into a sewage tank, and there was no way I'd be going in to save them.

I called up my man Dyke (he'd rather be called Mike now, so I'll respect that from this point on) and I explained to him that I wanted to mission to Montreal to visit a good friend of ours from school. He hadn't gotten out of bed yet from my understanding, but he gave me a straight answer, "I'm going on friday after my court appearance." He said something like that. So that plan failed quickly, I wasn't going to stop there though.

I started calculating the current funds situation, it had turned out that I could do the trip for two days and then on the third day I'd be paid from work. Fantastic, so I called up Mike to see if I could borrow his lense, since I still don't have one! I was going to buy one with the money I'm using for this trip. Being the good friend that Mike truly is, he brought over the lense and lent it to me for the trip.

Photobucket

It's an older lense, mostly manual, in fact it's all manual. My camera is digital though so I can make sure I get good shots on it, I hope.

I spent most of the day after Mike left, packing and making sure I had all that I needed. I had planned to take the 6:30 bus which quickly changed to the 9:00 bus.

Photobucket

I needed to get on a Viva asap though because I needed time to get my ticket and make sure that all was going to go smoothly(I like it better when things run smoothly, but in the case that things go all over the place, I don't mind it). Heather offered to drive me to a station, I mentioned that I needed to get to Finch station and she was under the impression that I wanted a ride 2 minutes down the road to the Viva station. Well I waited and by the time she got there my smooth plans had taken a turn. I was now on my way to York University, no worries though, that's really the whole fun part of this, the journey, the sharp turns, the ups and downs. It's exhilarating in my mind, at the same time it's quite exhausting. So I ran into York University and noticed the Finch 60E bus chilling talking with some next TTC mans. I didn't realized that the long line up one stop up was waiting for that bus. I booked it into York Lanes and went to the good 'ol convenience store to grab some change.

The guy refused to give me change without purchasing something, yeah thanks ya D-Bag. Wish I took a picture of his dumb face, anyway I bought this gum that turned out to be a good to have, my breath got quite stinky eating all those gluten free cookies.

With that I made my way to the TTC bus and I headed to Finch station, not an interesting ride in my opinion. I got into the subway and jumped on the train, again felt almost routine, so I just sat with my head cocked back in the far corner of the last car. Once I got out at Dundas, I carried my stuff to the nearest TD grabbed 80 bucks and rolled my way to 610 Bay St.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took a deuce, and if you're reading this thinking, why on earth would I want to know that he took a deuce at the bus terminal. Well it's just something you'd understand if you knew me.

I had a few Gluten free cookies, facebooked my buddy Zak who had offered a place to stay in Montreal if I ever wanted to visit, not sure if he was aware that he had opened the door to somebody who will actually take him up on that offer. I actually called him that morning and said, "Hey man I'm coming over tonight" he was surprised but excited, which is why he's bloody awesome.

I boarded my bus at 9:00pm EST, the driver was a nice guy, I always find that people treat me quite well when I'm traveling somewhere. Sure it's there job, but not everybody I've met has been so friendly to a young traveler.

My trip started at about 9:10pm EST, and I was ready for a 6 1/2 hour trip. So the first thing I did to get my pumped for my trip to the beautiful slightly Euro-city of Montreal, was to put on a track my friend Joel gave me a listen to earlier that day.

Bloody great mashup! it's about there being no more gas thanks to American boy's and it asks the question how you gonna fix it?

DJ Earworm - No More Gas



It's a bit addicting, I don't even like most of the songs he used but I like how he used them in a collage of sounds and lyrics to make a audible magazine cut out message.



Once I got bored of that song, I broke out the Ricky Gervais show, recommended to me by the late great, Mykel Henry. It's an absolutely hilarious podcast! I was almost crying in laughter in 1:30am on the bus. It costs money so you'll have to purchase it from iTunes.

Here's where you can find further info on the podcast and how to get them! HERE HERE HERE

3:35am EST, I've arrived at the Greyhound bus terminal on Boulevard De Maisonneuve. Located right behind the Comfort Inn which Breakaway Tours had been nested. I got out of the bus and I was in quite a frenzy as my body was shaking like an epileptic french man after watching a Britney Spears music video. I called Zak from the payphone(Wow they still have them all over Montreal, that right there is bloody PRO for Montreal versus Toronto). He instructed me to walk down Maisonneuve until I hear his skateboard and from there I'd be good to go.

Photobucket

We went to his house which is quite an interesting place, with interesting people. We hung out and caught up, til about 5am, then we crashed, I passed out on a thermarest that felt like it had a hole in it. Pretty nice sleep.

Photobucket

Got up nice and early, I can't remember what time but we were a bit crusty from the lack of sleep.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So far the most interesting character we've got here in the House this was according to Whitt, good 'ol Billy, he's actually sitting behind me right now talking about Watchmen and some next graphic novel.

Photobucket

The house is in a great spot just outside of McGill's main campus, Zak showed me some better spots further from the University which are even better but, for now this spot fits the bill just right, Zak told me.

Photobucket

That morning we got up and ready to go out for a bit, we walked out and within like 50 feet we were in the University campus in between tons of buildings for each program. We walked through them on an amazingly beautiful, warm and sunny day. I snapped a few shots of the University for you guys, I might do some more today depending on the weather and how I'm feeling. Having a little study session at the moment with Whitt, he's doing the dirty Bio, he's not feeling it.

Now I'll let my photos tell a bit of the story of yesterday,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Crazy Taxis..
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Two things to note at the point, if you noticed, there is a recurring effect in most of the shots of having more green tones. Yeah it was St. Pattys day yesterday! Another thing is the rail that I've documented is Whitt's goal for this year to hit that rail. He'll do it, he's da bomb. Yeah, da bomb. Da bomb. Da. Bomb.

Then there were drums,

Photobucket

and music halls

Photobucket

and physics buildings

Photobucket

and whitts on a mission to find serenity and zen

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and then Whitt found it, in his own zen-efficient room of solitude, where scientific explorations meet musical expansions and a little bit of Blue Dry to keep the man sane, or certifiable.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The drums are a great addition to Whitt's home away from home, not as great as the real ones at home. But he enjoys the responsiveness of the rubberized set.

Oh and look what I found, lucky guess, around 2:30 in the afternoon, a Cora's I was quite familiar with.

Fancy seeing you gentlemen here,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shaky hands there waitress?

Photobucket

That charming German guy looks like he's up to no good..

Photobucket

Yeup..

Photobucket

No good

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Herman acting all fresh

Photobucket

Photobucket

After finding this gang, I went out to St. Catty's street with them to do a little shopping, they told me stories about Mound having 20+ year old girls fawning over him, and how he told them he was in high school and they bounced. Jaimie was caught in a room with some chickadee, I had quite a laugh at that one.

The boys split up and I retreated to the mad scientists layer to plan out the night, we wanted to get some spicy Thai food. Both of us have some sort of cold or allergies, I've got it really bad, so my nose is just super-clogged. My idea was that we go out for spicy food, we blow the crap right out of our noses, and that I did. A nice South-East Asian restaurant on St. Laurent. Great food, I'd recommend to anybody in Montreal or visiting.

After dinner we hit up a grocery store, went back to the layer, and reminisced over good times we had in the period of 2003-2008. Felt really good to connect with an old friend after not seeing him for more than half a year, actually I haven't really seen many people at all from MDHS. Not that I'm really heart-broken over it, but there are some people who I still respect and you know, I don't want to never hear from 'em again.

We got ready to leave, took us of about 5 minutes, and we were off to Crescent st.

Lots of people in lines to get into OK quality bars, lots of green, and lots of crazy loud people. I saw the boys buzzing around the street, all in a fluster trying to decide on where to take their big crew on such a green night.

Whitt and I were a little too relaxed for all the buzzing that was happening, so we hit up the nearest Lebanese hot spot. Bloody amazing! I had the greatest food there, I'm probably going to go again later.

Now I'm pretty much caught up with where we are now, studying and blogging.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For now, I'm going to make some salmon and rice for lunch, peace out.
blog comments powered by Disqus