3.04.2009

Happiness is a Firecracker

Photobucket

The Fray just released their new album and have already reached #1 on the billboard top 200. The new album is entitled "The Fray", how creative. Perhaps they are starting fresh.

When I first heard their new single "You Found Me", I wasn't impressed enough to look into the rest of the album, but luckily my british best friend forever(not actually british just wanted to use that ridiculous Hilton allusion, she's as brilliant as a spinach sculpture) but yeah my bbff Krystle Henry showed me some of the other songs and immediately I was intrigued. I got the whole album and I've been listening to it a lot, it's an addictive sound, which is probably why they always climb to the top of the charts with their hooky pop songs.

Anyways, I'm a dedicate these songs to Perky cause she's always looking for new music and the Fray is right up her ally.

My favorite song right now is Happiness, I really like the metaphor of happiness being a firecracker, not sure if it's because I love firecrackers. Either way it's a powerful song.

Photobucket

Oh and I wanted to point out the album artwork too, it captured me, more because it's photography and I'm a sucker for photos.

I admire that they also released a photo book, I'm not sure how good it is, but I love it when one art form incorporates others. I was talking about snowboarding today in English class, and I noticed that one reason why I absolutely love it is because, it incorporates a style, fashion, music, in itself there is art. The way you ride, the flow of riding. It's very zen-like as I once heard from a past manager at Coast Mountain Sports. Basically I love art that branches out into other forms of art, I love it even more when it's done well. I haven't seen the photo book by the Fray as I said, but if I do, I'll let you know what I think about it.

Photobucket

Anyways, here are a few songs I personally enjoy,



The Fray - Ungodly Hour

UPDATE: Riah made a good point, so I'm putting up two more songs.

The Fray - Enough For Now

The Fray - Absolute

and just in case you wanted this one too.. The Fray - You Found Me
blog comments powered by Disqus