3.02.2009

Clayton McCaw/GIRLS San Fran Styles


Photobucket
(Zak Whittamore on the left, Clayton McCaw on the right)

If there's one thing I've learned about my friend Clayton McCaw, it's that he knows his music, he knows it better than many people I know.  He is rich with knowledge of indie bands and artists, I can remember sitting in the MDHS parking lot on a breezy summers day listening to Radiohead or The Arcade Fire, and analyzing a list of indie artists that was half-written and typed by Clayton, Emma and Fife.  A fine team to be constructing a list of musical brilliance.

I can say with brutal honesty that a large chunk of my library consists of music discovered through Clayton.  Kings of Leon, yeah he was on that way before you were all singing along with 102.1's obsession to Sex on Fire.

Besides his illustrious taste in music and the arts.  He's also talented himself, he kicks a mean bob dylan and definitely has his own style of singing, started off with a keyboard and just picked up a guitar and started playing.  He collaborated well with another friend of mine, a phenomenal drummer and all 'round artist, Zak Whittamore.  Together they made a musical team that could've taken on the Wall, solo.

Photobucket

He gave me another artist to be on the watch for, so I must share it with you, GIRLS is a tropical/gothic/thrash group from San Fran. California.  They've got a unique sound and for me it really paints a picture of McCaw chilling in his dorm in Kingston whaling away on his guitar serenading all the ladies.

I've heard McCaw will be in the studio in a couple of weeks so when there's some tunage recorded, I will do my best to send it to the masses, including you.

Respects to BigCanoe

Click HERE for GIRLS' MySpace
blog comments powered by Disqus